In Germany, which is one of the strongest economies of Europe and the world, the minimum wage is determined on an hourly basis. As of 2020, the hourly minimum wage in Germany, which is applied as 9.35 Euros per hour, will increase gradually. In 2021 and 2022, it was decided to increase the hourly wage in Germany by a total of 11.8 percent in 2 years, which will be increased in 6-month periods. The German minimum wage will rise to 9.6 euros per hour in 2021 and 10.45 euros per hour in 2022. What will the minimum wage be in 2021 and 2022 Germany? Let’s detail…
What will the minimum wage be in 2021 and 2022 Germany?
With the current figure, the minimum wage in Germany is 9,35 Euros per hour. As a result of the negotiations between the German Federal Government and the Minimum Wage Determination Commission, it was decided to increase the minimum wage by 11.8 percent within 2 years. The statement for the minimum wage hike was made by the Federal Labor Minister Hubertus Heil. Accordingly, the lowest hourly wage amount to be applied in Germany in 2021 and 2022 will be as follows.
- As of January 2021, Germany’s minimum hourly minimum wage will increase by approximately 1.6 percent to 9.50 Euros.
- As of July 2021, Germany’s lowest hourly wage will rise by about 1.05 percent, from 9.5 euros to 9.60 euros.
- As of January 2022, Germany will increase the minimum hourly minimum wage by approximately 2.1 percent from 9.6 Euros to 9.82 Euros.
- As of July 2022, the minimum hourly wage in Germany will increase by another 6.5 percent from 9.82 Euros to 10.45 Euros.
As a result of the hikes, the increase in the minimum hourly wage will be 11.8 percent in 2 years. Despite the effects of Corona Virus (Covid-19) within the said time period; Inflation in Germany is not expected to exceed 8 percent, even in the most pessimistic scenario.
Salary 2021 – 2022 Monthly Amount
Although there is no minimum wage application in Germany; It is possible to reach the average minimum wage by calculating according to daily working hours. According to this;
- With an hourly wage of 9.6 Euros to be applied in 2021, 76.8 Euros from 8 hours a day, 384 Euros from 40 hours a week, and the lowest wage a worker will receive will be 1536 Euros per month.
- With an hourly wage of 10.45 Euros to be applied in 2022, 83.6 Euros from 8 hours a day, 418 Euros from 40 hours per week, and the minimum wage a worker will receive will be 1672 Euros (NET) per month.