Union Bancaire Privée (UBP SA) is a private banking and asset management firm headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. UBP is one of the largest private banks in Switzerland. It serves both private and corporate (corporate) customers. The bank was founded in 1969 by Edgar de Picciotto. A bank whose assets of more than 140 billion Swiss francs are managed; It is one of the best capital banks in Switzerland. Detailed information about Who owns to Union Bancaire Privée UBP Bank, is in the rest of article. You can browse here for G7 Countries 2021 What is the G7′ Purpose?
Who owns to Union Bancaire Privée UBP Bank?
Let’s take a brief look at the history of UBP Bank, which has approximately 2000 employees today …
- Edgar de Picciotto founded the Compagnie de Banque et d’Investissements (CBI) in Geneva, Switzerland, on 11 November 1969. CBI acquired TDB-American Express Bank in 1990, which led to the establishment of the existing association, Union Bancaire Privée. UBP developed further with the acquisition of Discount Bank and Trust Company in 2002.
- In 2011, UBP acquired the Swiss arm of the Dutch state-owned ABN Amro Bank, a wholly Swiss private bank. In the same year, UBP expanded its operations in Asia by establishing two joint ventures with TransGlobe in Hong Kong and Taiwan.
- In 2012, UBP acquired Paris-based hedge funds Nexar Capital Group, with offices in London, Jersey and New York.
- In May 2013, UBP announced the acquisition of Lloyds Banking Group’s International Private Banking business.
- On March 26, 2015, UBP signed an agreement with the Royal Bank of Scotland Group (RBS) to purchase the international private banking activities of RBS subsidiary Coutts & Co International. These assets meant that UBP assumed control of its assets in Switzerland, Monaco and the Middle East.
- In May 2016, UBP announced that it had signed an agreement with SEB, a Scandinavian financial services group, and enabled UBP to distribute SEB’s Luxembourg funding range to institutional clients and third-party distributors.
- In January 2017, UBP announced a partnership with global private markets investment manager Partners Group.
- In May 2018, UBP announced the acquisition of Banque Carnegie Luxembourg. In July 2018, UBP expanded its operations in the UK by purchasing ACPI.
- Rating agency Moody’s confirmed its long-term deposit rating to UBP as Aa2 and its outlook as “stable” in January 2019.
UBP Bank official website: https://www.ubp.com/en